NOV. 1, 2012 - SENIOR CLASS
This week I interviewed senior volleyball players, Hannah Grieser and Karina Rohr-Meck. The duo has been together since their freshman year here at Goshen and have formed a deep bond through athletics. I spoke with them about the excitements they have experienced while being a part of the Volleyball team as well as advice and where they see their futures headed.
1. What are each of your majors and hometowns?
Karina- Nursing and I am from Pettisville, Ohio
Hannah- Communications with an emphasis in Graphic Design and a minor in Spanish. I am from Goshen, IN.
2. What have been the things that have kept you motivated and mentally tough throughout your college career in conference situations?
Hannah and Karina- Having the desire to always want to be better and knowing the other teams conference standings and recognizing the importance of each conference match in the grand scheme of things.
3. The two of you have played together in all four of your college volleyball seasons, how have you seen the team as well as the program grow year to year?
Hannah and Karina- It's been really fun to develop a close bond having only one other teammate that is the same age, which has also allowed us to develop leadership skills together. This year has been fun to take on that role more than ever, learning how we can use each of our strengths in our personalities to better lead the team. We have seen the team grow in competitiveness with the other teams of the conference, especially with beating Taylor this year.
4. What is one of your favorite memories with teammates throughout your careers?
Beating Taylor! This has been a goal for both of us since our freshman our year, to accomplish something like this meant so much to both of us.
5. What are each of your plans after graduation in the spring?
Karina- I will be moving to and getting a nursing job (hopefully in an ER) in Madison, Wisconsin where my older brother is currently living.
Hannah- I will possibly do a year of service, possibly abroad, but definitely outside of Indiana. If not, finding a graphic design job for a non-profit program or a PR office.
6. If you could give any advice to your teammates as they continue on in their volleyball careers what would it be?
Karina and Hannah- Work hard every single day at becoming better and always remember your love for the game. Before you know it, your volleyball career will come to an end.